From my Twitter Stream that I wrote today.
- Its already been my 1 year out of college, and I am more and more convinced that college was huge waste of time.
- Main goal of college is to get you jobs. And Jobs are too limiting, and risk-averse. Jobs create mediocrity. Especially in large organisations.
- My degree is entirely useless if all I want to do write software. My degree actually makes it harder to get software jobs.
- One Important thing I learnt in College was Differentiating Signal from Noise. Since colleges have a lot of Noise.
- College/Jobs put you in totally fucked up position. And quiting any one of them feels so wrong that most people will never do that.
- I want to spend entire this year to make some alternative revenue streams, different from jobs and stuff such that not having a job won’t be a problem.
- I have considered freelancing, but its exactly like a job. You do stuff for other people for money.
- I tried stock markets and domain-name sales already. Returns on time are totally worthless in both of them. Like you could spend years without making a dime.
If you follow me on facebook/twitter you might have already seen this.