From my Twitter Stream that I wrote today.
- Its already been my 1 year out of college, and I am more and more convinced that college was huge waste of time.
- Main goal of college is to get you jobs. And Jobs are too limiting, and risk-averse. Jobs create mediocrity. Especially in large organisations.
- My degree is entirely useless if all I want to do write software. My degree actually makes it harder to get software jobs.
- One Important thing I learnt in College was Differentiating Signal from Noise. Since colleges have a lot of Noise.
- College/Jobs put you in totally fucked up position. And quiting any one of them feels so wrong that most people will never do that.
- I want to spend entire this year to make some alternative revenue streams, different from jobs and stuff such that not having a job won’t be a problem.
- I have considered freelancing, but its exactly like a job. You do stuff for other people for money.
- I tried stock markets and domain-name sales already. Returns on time are totally worthless in both of them. Like you could spend years without making a dime.
If you follow me on facebook/twitter you might have already seen this.
Me too, But I am bit slow.
– Surely, I can explain ‘this’.
Sad Server Rules.
Being an Introvert is hard.
Will Learn some React this month.
David Walsh Puts it nicely.
– Aaron, Just before the Rails Conf
Sad Server is Really Fun. Better Follow it.
By normalizing failure, we encourage risk taking.
This one originates from pedram keyani’s medium post. To get some context, read his post on medium.
But the little boy said
“There are so many colors in the rainbow
So many colors in the morning sun
So many colors in the flower and I see every one”
– Harry Chapin’s “Flowers are red”.
One of them gems from 60s and 70s. I like how slow and optimistic this song is. Listen to this awesome song here.
Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you’ve a date in Constantinople
She’ll be waiting in Istanbul
– From They might be giants’ “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)“
One of the my favourite songs, It celebrates the Constantinople is now renamed to Istanbul in the best way possible. Listen to it here.
I swear when I grow up I won’t just buy you a rose
I will buy the flower shop, and you will never be lonely
For even if the sun stops waking up over the fields
I will not leave, I will not leave ’til it’s our time
So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side.
– Fun.’s “The Gambler”
Fun is one of my favourite bands, and “The Gambler” is one of their best songs. Listen to it here.